I suggest you ...

Expand your search distance past 1.5 miles from the exit.

80 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  MetrocketAdminMetrocket (President, iExit) responded  · 

We realize that some users could benefit from a larger search radius around exits, and so we will continue to look into this idea. The difficulty is that iExit stores all of its data locally on your phone, and increasing the radius at exits quickly increases the size of the app. That said, we are investigating ways to make this possible, and will update here when we know more. Thanks so much for your feedback.

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Extending the search distance would be a mistake. This would compromise the very thing that makes this app useful-being able quickly view points of interest that are along my limited-access highway travel route. Most through-travelers are not interested in long detours.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Even 5 miles out would he very helpful in the interim.

• Maria S.Maria S. commented  · 

Great idea! Make the slider distance movable with greater distances!

• JIMPAVJIMPAV commented  · 

I AGREE WITH ALL THE PREVIOUS COMMENTS. THE CAMPING DISTANCE OF 10 MILES IS ok, BUT IT WOUOLD BE NICE TO HAVE A LINK TO THEIR WEBSITES AS WELL.

• Tom B.Tom B. commented  · 

I am about 100 yards from I-64 in St Charles MO, yet the app says I am not near an interstate? Please expand the search to at least 10 miles, or maybe offer an option to display the 10 closest exits so I can decide which I want. This would be a big enhancement when using truck or RV mode where I cannot simply stop at any location. Also, please offer a diesel only option so I can quickly find fuel without searching through unleaded options. Thx!

• DavDav commented  · 

Need a rural setting of 5 miles and city setting of 2 miles

• janschapirjanschapir commented  · 

If you are going 60 mph you only have 1 1/2 minutes to decide if you want to get off the hwy. I would expand the radius at least to 10 miles.

• SierratrailsSierratrails commented  · 

It would be helpful to increase the radius to at least three miles, as typically in the more rural areas there is an exit at the beginning of town and then another one at the end of the town. At a 1.5 setting, you miss all of the places in between.

Feedback and Knowledge Base