I suggest you ...

update the software so that it recognizes when i am on the interstate

it needs to accurately reflect when i am on the interstate and reflect information about upcoming exits. I drove 5 hours on the interstate yesterday and the app was useless

54 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    janschapirjanschapir shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  MetrocketAdminMetrocket (President, iExit) responded  · 

Hi all, we are looking into this issue. In theory, if iExit has access to your phone’s location, it should work. You also have to be near a highway that we support.

@Vincent, can you tell us where you were driving?
    @Dave, what device do you have? Is it an iPad as well or an iPhone?

We’re sorry for your troubles. Thanks for your feedback.

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

The App was (used to be) fantastic. I recommended it to several of my friends - now even when I am ON the freeway, the App tells me that "I am NOT on a freeway" rendering the app totally useless.

On iPhone6+ iOS8.1.2

• SusanSusan commented  · 

My iExit used to be a valuable tool while driving on highways...now, it just says I'm not on the highway even when I am on the highway. Disappointed.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree that it doesn't always know you're on an interstate. It worked fine when I was on I81 this morning then I exited onto I 76W and it hasn't known that for about 2 hrs now. Going to use another app till this gets fixed!

• Anonymous commented  · 

We are on interstate 74 in NC and it keeps saying we are not on an interstate

• Anonymous commented  · 

And my problem. Ian on I 81 in Virginia. MM 205. It has recognized here before so what is the problem.

• Anonymous commented  · 

iexit worthless and not connecting.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I am on I65 in Indiana and it has not recognized it for 10 miles

• MamaKat52MamaKat52 commented  · 

On I 64 using my I pad with our Verizon jet pack and after three hours on this road it still says we aren't on interstate. Yikes.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Even better, let us tap the screen to show where we are.

• Anonymous commented  · 

How about letting us input our location. We could enter the coordinates.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We are currently on I10 and IExit says that it will shortly connect us but it doe not. How can we correct this?

• Joan greenJoan green commented  · 

Agree. Was on NC a MDMA it said I was entering I 77 in Beckley wv. D version was easier and more reliable.

• No ueNo ue commented  · 

We have tried to use IExit on I75 and I16 and we are always told we are not on an interstate! Annoying!

• Duster001Duster001 commented  · 

I have yet have iExit find me on any interstate anywhere. My carrier is ATT and my phone is an iPhone 3GS.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Same problem with me on I-10 with full signal.

• Vincent RossVincent Ross commented  · 

I was on the 215 freeway between Moreno Valley and Murrietta / Temecula CA.

• Vincent RossVincent Ross commented  · 

Apple's map on my 2nd Gen 3g iPad works flawlessly so why is this app unable to access the GPS and track my location as well?

• DaveDave commented  · 

This is my problem too

Feedback and Knowledge Base