I suggest you ...

Upgraded to iOS 7.1. It doesn't seem to play nice with iExit -- location is ALWAYS on. Had to turn it off at settings.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Donald Craig shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMetrocket (President, iExit) responded  · 

In iExit 6.0 and later, when iExit goes to the background, it ALWAYS turns off the GPS chip. Meaning it does not drain your battery when iExit is in the background.

If your device is an iPhone or a celluar-enabled iPad, when iExit is in the background and your device switches between cell towers (which happens every 1-2 miles), iExit will grab the location of the new cell tower so that the app can quickly return you updated results when you return to the app. This uses no more battery than your device would use anyway, with or without iExit.

The confusion, though, comes from the Location arrow continuing to show in the Status Bar. We realize people don’t like that, so we will soon be adding in functionality to allow the user to turn this off.

In the meantime, please realize that iExit never uses your GPS chip when in the background, and therefore no longer drains battery when in the background.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminMetrocket (President, iExit) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good info, thanks for that feedback. It's worth mentioning that the Location arrow can be extremely finicky with staying on even when we are not retrieving any new locations, but we will investigate and figure out if there is something we can be doing differently. We will post here later with our findings. Thanks!

• Donald Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, it's a little more than that. Even when I force close iExit, the location arrow stays on, and in settings, the purple arrow is lit next to iExit and no other app. This started happening when my iPhone 5 rebooted after the iOS 7.1 upgrade, It did not do this until this upgrade -- this is NEW behavior on my iPhone. I am not traveling -- I'm sitting in my apartment. Haven't traveled on an interstate since your latest update, so iExit should not even have been open in the background.

Feedback and Knowledge Base